Friday, January 15, 2010

our new reality

It's been really windy around here recently. About a week ago, I was sitting at work and thought of the glass Christmas tree we had left at Andrews niche. I got worried that it would blow over and break. I called Adam, who was in Vienna, and asked him to stop by St Marks and bring the tree home. He went, picked up the tree, and left the sled because it is now weighed down with a block of ice.

I sat at my desk thinking about our new life and how we take care of each of our children. It was as if I called and asked him to stop at the store and pick up some juice for Katelyn. (okay, maybe it's not THAT simple), but it was the same concept. This is our new reality. St Marks is Andrews special place and we will take care of that for him just as we will take care of Katelyns needs. It's hard to put into words, but I definitely felt it. We are settling into our new reality.

Andrews special place on Christmas day.



3 comments:

  1. I am with you.. its insane.. I went to the grocery store and went by the cemetery just to "check on things".., not the only reason, but it had snowed and I was worried her stone would be covered.. congrats on the new pregnancy btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes Paul and I say we are going to Josephs... like he lives in his own house or something. So strange but.. not to any of "us"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand. And you're right, it's certainly not strange to any of us. I go to Angel's every day still... it's on the way to practically everything I do day to day - and I can't just not stop by to check on her. I feel like I've gotta give her some of my day just like I do my other children. It's definitely a new reality... we get it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!

Even if you don't have an account, you can still leave a comment. Just choose the "anonymous" from the dropdown menu. If you do it that way, please be sure to include your name in the actual comment. Thanks!