Wednesday, January 27, 2010

freak out

So, today was the first time I had a freak out moment.  I mean a real freak out about this pregnancy.  I started to get scared about the GBS.  At my last test I was still negative.  My next test isn't for 3 more weeks.  I started to wonder at what point I became positive with both Katelyn and Andrew, and at what point I might become positive this time around.  If I turned positive since my last test am I just walking around at risk? 

I called my Dr and she was able to answer my questions.  Of course I didn't understand everything she was saying but after I understood as much as I thought I would, I told her that I trust her and just have to believe in what she is telling me.  I do trust her, but it's hard to put all of your trust into something like this.  I felt better after my call with her.  We will still wait until my appointment in 3 weeks.  She explained that even if I become positive at this point, it can't get to the baby like it can in the 3rd trimester because of positioning, the cervix, and whatever else she explained. 

My nerves are settled, kind of, for now.

1 comment:

  1. I still say a little prayer for you every day and now add in the little on in your belly. I am impressed this was your first freak out...I'd say you're doing pretty good, then! Hang in there....soon you'll have another little one to love to pieces. Love, Morgan

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!

Even if you don't have an account, you can still leave a comment. Just choose the "anonymous" from the dropdown menu. If you do it that way, please be sure to include your name in the actual comment. Thanks!