Friday, November 20, 2009

beautiful CD

I bought a new CD recently, something I rarely do.  It's a Christian CD, again something I rarely do.  But it's beautiful. 

"Beauty will Rise" by Steven Curtis Chapman.  "This entire album is written in response to losing his daughter in that tragic accident on May 21st 2008."  Steven lost his young daughter and he wrote these songs during his journey of grief.

Here are some lyrics to one of the songs "Heaven is the Face"

Heaven is the face of a little girl
With dark brown eyes
That disappear when she smiles
Heaven is the place
Where she calls my name
Says, “daddy please come play with me for awhile”

It's not my usual type of music, but I love these songs.  If you listen to any of them, I would recommend having some tissues nearby.

1 comment:

  1. one of our friends sent us a link to this song..it had us both in tears.. it is very touching.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!

Even if you don't have an account, you can still leave a comment. Just choose the "anonymous" from the dropdown menu. If you do it that way, please be sure to include your name in the actual comment. Thanks!