Thursday, October 15, 2009

this little light of mine

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day is a day of remembrance for all pregnancies and infant death which includes but not limited to miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS, or the death of a newborn. It is recognized in the United States and throughout Canada on October 15th of each year.

Participants begin lighting their candles at 7:00 pm and burn their candle for a period of at least one hour. The Result is a continuous chain of light spanning the globe for a 24 hour period in honor and remembrance of the children who pass away during pregnancy and shortly after birth.

I'm at work right now, so a new post will be coming later today...I am planning on posting more pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you mention the part about the candle! I will light mine at 7:00 & tell Andrew another story about his mommy, daddy & Sis. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my candle lit all morning. However, I'll be sure to burn it at 7PM - I didn't know about that. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!

Even if you don't have an account, you can still leave a comment. Just choose the "anonymous" from the dropdown menu. If you do it that way, please be sure to include your name in the actual comment. Thanks!